Coughing is an involuntary action that is done by the human body to expel any foreign bodies that irritate the air passage. There are two types of cough.
- Wet cough – This is when the person coughing brings up phlegm.
- Dry Cough – No phlegm is produced hence more painful and irritating.
A cough can be cured within a few days but if chronic, it can go on for months at end. Usually, smokers suffer with a chronic cough.
These are a few steps that can be taken to cure cough at home.
- Chew on raw ginger. You can also mix some ginger juice with black pepper (ground) and honey and drink it. This helps a lot.
- Cut a lemon, sprinkle with black pepper and suck on it.
- Mix honey with onion juice and drink it
- Chew on liquorice
- Gargle with warm spinach juice if you are suffering with a dry cough
- Gargle with warm salty water